The Apple Disk III was designed to expand the Apple ///’s capacity with a reliable disk storage subsystem offering up to 560Kb of storage capacity. Up to three Apple Disk IIIs could be daisy chained together on a single Apple ///.
- Sectoring: Soft (hard-sectored diskettes also supported)
- Recording surfaces: One
- Tracks per surface: 35
- Sectors per track: 16
- Bytes per sector: 256
- Formatted Data Capacity: 140K bytes
- Head Movement Time: Track to track: 25 msec. Across all tracks: 600 msec
- Head load time: 50 msec
- Average rotational delay: 100 msec
- Data transfer rate: 125K bits per second
- Dimensions: 4.12″ H x 6.35″ W x 8.8″ D
- Weight: 3 lbs (1.36 kg)
- Power source: Apple /// system power supply
- Model No: A3M0004
Problem with these specifications? Let us know.